Friday, May 12, 2017

To Vancouver

Day -1

Today I set off from my home in the Mile high city of Denver CO, for the first of the very special "JT30" shows.  Destination for this opener is Vancouver, a city that is new to me.  I've been blessed to see U2 a total of 31 times since 1992, and this is my first tour opener. I am tuned in, tapped in, and turned on today.  I see the light in everything and everyone, even in the stressed TSA agent who had to in-depth screen me on the way through DIA security. When she finished her painstaking process (including following my directions to hold Adam's set list from the Boston Elevation 2001 stage with great care), I thanked her and told her she did a good job.

This is the first time I've traveled away from Denver since I had a two month hiatus from work after experiencing a nervous breakdown following Thanksgiving 2015.

For now, I am blessed to say, I am seeing the world with new eyes and a heart that is full.

The streets were shiny with a cool rain, and there was a hint of the sea as I rose up from the depths of the underground via escalator.

On my walk from the train station to the hostel, the beautifully gritty humanity that surrounded appeared before me as drops of divinity, scattered just for the experience of it, and destined to come back together in the end. I saw myself in them, and I found myself  in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment