Monday, April 9, 2018

Another Hit, Another Time, Another Place

By the time "The Whole of the Moon" filled the stadium, and Larry strode out on the stage I was full on blissed out.  I said to my sister, "Here comes Edge" as his guitar rang out through the crowd, and my jaw dropped when Bono came into our  view.  I managed somehow to snap some pics to capture our (slightly rear) lovely view of the band.


Zoomed in





Four-legged table


Hallelujah Here He Comes

Then, as the band flowed into New Years Day, Bono was handed a bottle of water by one of the stage crew.  After he belted out the opening "yeah yea oh oh" he drank some more, then turned to walk toward our corner of the tree stage.  He bent down, with his gaze upon my poster or license plate, and set down his bottle on the edge of the stage.  In a flash, he straightened back up and pointed at me and my sign before he turned back around to cross back to his mic.  
"Whaaaa'? Wait did that just happen?' said my brain as I turned to my sister, grinning, to see if she could confirm the reality of this perception, even as the band cranked into the first chorus of New Year's Day.  She didn't look back at me, just stood with her chin resting in her hand, above her elbow resting on the rail, seeming appropriately mesmerized by the performance unfolding in front of us.  

For some reason, any time I have any kind of interaction with Bono, even one as small as this, I experience a lasting sense of disbelief.

So I was glad to find the YouTube video and grab a couple zoomed in screenshots a couple months down the road, confirming for me what no one else could this time around.  Childish, for sure.  But, here it is.

Getting my little fix of Bono love... just can't get enough.


Then the music took me away again.  New Year's Day had me lifting off, then Bad brought tears to my eyes on this night, in gratitude for how life had shifted since I first got close to the song of an addict/co-dependant in 1992.  Still the layers peel away.  That night, I was beyond high off the show, and the (real or just imagined?) moment of recognition that had just occurred.








No comments:

Post a Comment